Sunday, May 08, 2005

Welcome, Shalom and Bienvenu

Welcome to my new blog, VicarDoodle. I am The Reverend Sharon Gracen, Vicar of Faith Episcopal Church in Laguna Niguel, California. This blog is an experiment in extra-pulpit communication, intended to be a means of communication with family and friends, those known and unknown. It is also a way for Faith Episcopal Church to be present in the community, local and online, as a voice for a theology of peace, welcome and a thoughtful approach to life as Christians.

The name came from a conversation with my daughter about all of the dog breeds that have arisen from crossing poodles with other dogs. We now regularly run into Schnoodles, Goldendoodles and Labradoodles. In the same conversation I noted my severe need for a haircut, worrying that I was beginning to resemble a poodle. My daughter - bright little wretch that she is - opined that that would make me a Vicardoodle.

I plan to use this blog to post sermons, news, reflections on life in such a complicated world. Your comments will be most welcome as I develop this new online presence.

Max the Churchdog will be an occasional guest blogger, as will Melanie, my daughter, who is making me do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home