Sunday, October 02, 2005

Greetings from the balmy midwest



Hello, Faith-ites and blog readers! The picture above is of Indiana University's famous Sample Gates. The Sample Gates are the gateway from downtown Bloomington to campus and they are stunning in all seasons. I tried to find a picture with fall foliage, but as the steamy midwestern summer is stretching into October, the tulips will do nicely. If you ever have a chance to visit Bloomington you should definitely take it, because IU's is truly the most beautiful campus anywhere.

Of course, I may be biased.

For those of you who have been asking the Vicar for news about her daughter, here it is - straight from the horse's mouth. After four weeks of classes, I think I can safely say that I'm enjoying grad school and I think I'm going to make at least a moderate success of it. I'm taking lots of classes, I have a job in the library and I've made some wonderful friends. I'm also a bit stressed and fairly sleep-deprived, so I'll save all the details for my Christmas visit to California.

I will be eagerly following the news of the renovation and looking forward to seeing all of you. Take care and keep in touch!

Melanie

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Sorry about the oversize picture, mom. Won't happen again! :)

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home