Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Practicing what I preach

On Mother's Day, I preached about letting go of our kids to set them free in the world. With a big gulp, I am now preparing to do just that. My daughter Melanie has been living with me since last September, all through her application process for grad school. Her decision has been made and in July she will head off to Bloomington, Indiana to begin a Masters in Library Science at Indiana University.

This time that we've had together has been such an unexpected blessing - I returned to the US last year from Paris with no idea where I would land. When Bishop Jon Bruno of Los Angeles appointed me Vicar of Faith Episcopal, I'd never even heard of Laguna Niguel. It turned out to right down the road from where Melanie was living. God always manages these things better than I ever could - giving us more than we could ask or imagine.

I'm so proud of her. All I can do is rejoice with her and bless her on this new adventure. That is what mother's are supposed to do. I also know that God fills empty spaces so I look forward to seeing what's next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home